Friday, November 10, 2006

Rowena Plans to Relocate!


What is considered now to be "Daddy's apartment" will soon be Rosie's and my new home as well. It is a small apartment above a double car garage in a wooded, rather secluded area of southern Maine, near the coast. It is surrounded by marshland and is on an "island". There are trails around the property along the marsh and will provide a contrast in living for both Rosie and myself. So far we have only spent a night there and I have taken no outdoor photos as of yet. Rosie has made fast friends with the 2 young children downstairs, and met a Shepherd/Husky looking mix from up the hill. She will have to learn the boundaries as right now she travels as far as she wants which isn't good because there is a road up the hill through some woods. We are closer to busy roads here, but they are well lit and in plain, open view. The view is obstructed by trees at the new place, so I am a bit wary. Also the lighting around the house is rather poor so she may need to be leashed when out at night. Right now however, I am staying put in a rather disasterous looking apartment that still retains about 99% of its original items. My husband stays down in the new place as he has begun a new job and cannot make a 2 hour commute after 12 hour shifts. He is a chef at a very nice restaurant in that area. Preparations have been made for our 2 felines to join us in this move, but the rats must all find new homes before I take off. I will help them with that of course. Rosie has done well in her service dog classes, has finished not only her beginner's classes, but basic and advanced obedience... is task trained and knows how to behave in public. I am very proud of my girl and hope that she can tolerate a more secluded lifestyle. We will have to travel by car to all of my appointments, and I will not be able to run any errands on my own as I do not have a license. It will be very hard for me and I hope she is ready for all this because I am not.

No comments: